Title, 6.6.14
Place important news or updates here, and let everyone know what is going on in the forum and new events to join in on.

Title, 6.5.14
Place important news or updates here, and let everyone know what is going on in the forum and new events to join in on.

Title, 6.4.14

Title, 6.3.14

Title, 6.2.14
Title, 6.1.14

Add Reply

A Truth Uncovered [Tag: Merry], Elizabeth reveals the truth of her past.
Elizabeth Frankenstein
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 08:42 AM
N/A
N/A
4 Posts
16-August 16
Gifted

Elizabeth Frankenstein is currently Offline!
Current Mood: N/A

Conflict had, it seemed, followed Elizabeth to Yalanze. Her peaceful, gradual introduction into society had very rapidly increased in both pace and purpose when the war had begun. She had helped where she could, consulting anatomical texts and her own distant memories of Victor’s letters home, and had taken to the medical profession with a surprising swiftness. She was by no means a doctor, but she could sew up a wound and calm a fever as well as anybody she worked alongside. She needn’t worry about shaking hands, for her veins lay silent beneath her skin, and that which may once have made her feel faint confronted her every time she undressed – she felt stronger, more capable, in that brief time of war than she had in that of peaceful learning before it.

Merry had become a good friend, and her visits had long since ceased to be excused as ‘lessons’, or ‘seeing how she was settling in’, she visited because she was free to, and the two women greatly enjoyed each other’s company. They both enjoyed embroidery, and often sat around the fireplace together in companionable silence. More than once, Elizabeth had almost spoken of things that, in her comfort, she forgot were secret. She had passed it off as confusion, and Merry had appeared at least to accept this – but the guilt had begun to gnaw at her still, cold insides like a starving creature.

She had decided to tell her the truth, in all its repulsiveness. From Victor’s ill-fated ambitions to poor William and Justine. She needed to tell someone, to say it out loud in order, perhaps, to begin understanding it herself. So there was stew simmering in the kitchen, and the tea set had been polished to a high shine by nervously fretting fingers. She had invited her friend over for supper, as was not unusual with the pair of them, and was adjusting the house in a flustered hurry of anxiety. She had tried to write the words down, but the garbled mess that followed was akin to the ramblings overhead in an opium den. She lived in a land of vampires and werewolves, where the dead occasionally decided simply to cease being dead, and yet to say ‘my husband took me apart, sewed me back together and brought me back to life’ still sounded like madness to her ears. So, entirely unprepared as she was, Elizabeth was utterly petrified of the evening to come.

She was not cold, but she had overheard passers-by commenting upon the briskness of the air that day and so she wore a shawl over her clothing in an attempt at normalcy that would soon be irrelevant. Stoking the fire and preparing the tea, Elizabeth watched the clock with a wary eye. Merry would arrive soon, she must be ready. The tea set clattered slightly in her shaking hands as she lay out the small living room table by the fire for their meal. What had once been a small dining room had become overrun by texts on Yalanze and its practices, after all she only ever had one visitor, and there was no need for a large dining table. It had become a sort of library, and she was rather fond of it. Once everything was laid out, Elizabeth perched on her armchair by the fire, embroidering with trembling hands stitches that she would later unpick, and waited for the sound of a knock on the door.

*~*~*~*~*~*
Outfit
PMEmail
^
Merry Noelle Lovelace
 Posted: Oct 25 2016, 04:44 PM
N/A
Merry
4 Posts
30-July 16
God

Merry Noelle Lovelace is currently Offline!

user posted image

user posted image

Merry didn’t know what Elizabeth wanted but she was looking forward to speaking with her. It had been a rough few years with the war. She had lost many friends during the war and it hurt to think about it. She understood that it was part of life but she didn't like it.

“Hello, Elizabeth! How are you?” She asked softly as she moved inside and glanced about Elizabeth’s cozy home. She sensed that the other woman was nervous. Had something frightened her? “It looks as if your library is growing.” She said with a warm smile.

Merry had the advantage of a bigger library that came with the title of commander a fact that she used to help Elizabeth. She liked learning new things and it gave her something to do at the end of the day. Chris was gone and she doubted he would be back ever. He’d run off in the body of the vampire he’d possessed and Merry had assumed that he had decided Adele was a better choice than she was.

It hurt but Merry went to throw the sadness off and focused on her friend, “What have you been doing today?” She asked as she sat at a nearby chair. She opened her purse and pulled out her own batch of embroidery. She loved to do designs of flowers. It made her feel like she was connected to nature. She loved helping nature reassert itself. She made certain that trees always had room to grow after every home was built. In this way she could keep the planet happy and help in her own small way.

Enjoying the warmth of the fire she smiled softly and stretched, feeling her back pop and the sense of relief that came with it. Being with friends kept her connected and well rounded and she wouldn’t change it for anything in the world. There were very few people she could trust nowadays.

user posted image
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Elizabeth Frankenstein
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 09:05 AM
N/A
N/A
4 Posts
16-August 16
Gifted

Elizabeth couldn’t help the familiar smile that stretched across her face.

“Merry, it’s wonderful to see you. Come in, there’s tea by the fireplace.” She swallowed thickly, “I am better for having seen you! I’m afraid I’ve not been altogether social these last few days.”

Elizabeth straightened the runner on a nearby table as her friend sat down, pulling out her needles and thread in what had become a comfortable habit for them both. She tugged anxiously at her gloves, attempting to school her features into something a little less terrified, with debatable success.

“Mainly I’ve been reacquainting myself with Robert Mayhew’s ‘Accounts of Human Anatomy’ I’m afraid, it’s terribly dull, and not altogether correct though there are some enlightening chapters hidden amongst it all.” She laughed breathlessly, lowering herself into the chair opposite her friend. “I was wondering if – that is to say I’ve been thinking…” She trailed off and took a deep breath to steady her nerves. It was times like this she could feel the electricity thrumming through her like blood.

“It would have been the anniversary of my wedding, not long ago.” She announced, her voice soft and quiet, “I thought that it would be the happiest day of my life, but it haunts me every waking moment. Merry I – I’m afraid that I’ve not been entirely honest with you, and I must be now. You deserve better than half-baked falsehoods. I understand that you may hate me, for this, but I hope that you will hear what I have to say before you leave.”

She looked up from her clasped hands, and were she able to cry she would have done. Merry, dear Merry, with her kind face and her lilting laugh that lit up the room. Elizabeth had never deserved her friendship, perhaps now she would realise this.

“I suppose…I suppose I ought to start with my name. Begin things simply, as it were. My married name is Elizabeth Frankenstein. Wollstonecraft was my mother’s name long before I was born, but it is a name that died with her. My husband’s name is Victor, William was his brother, and he is – to my knowledge – very much living, though not of this world, as it were. I miss him dearly, but I can never go back. He has done such terrible things, Merry, I do believe that in trying to become God he met the Devil.”

Elizabeth slowly tugged the gloves loose from her hands, feeling the rush of warm air from the fireplace caress the waxen skin as she rolled her left sleeve precisely up to the elbow. The scar where her hand had been reattached to her arm was most pronounced on the left, and her wedding and engagements rings glinted coldly in the light.

“Victor and I were raised together, his own Mother and Father – God rest their souls - loved me as though I too was their child, and when William was born it was as though I had a little brother of my own. We were happy, Merry, so happy. So naïve and blind and happy hidden away in the mountains. But they are gone now, they are all gone and with them they took the laughter from that terrible place. It was from myself that Victor’s mother caught the sickness that killed her. She would let no one nurse me but herself. I recovered, dear Caroline did not. I’ve scarce changed out of my mourning gowns ever since. Victor went away, you see, to become a Doctor. He wanted to help people, I believe now he wanted to cure death itself. Instead he killed us all.”

It occurred to Elizabeth that she had been speaking for quite a long time, and she fell suddenly silent. The crackling and popping of wood on the fireplace was, for a moment, all that could be heard throughout the house as she waited for a response – or a final goodbye – from her dearest friend.

PMEmail
^
Merry Noelle Lovelace
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 11:13 PM
N/A
Merry
4 Posts
30-July 16
God

Merry Noelle Lovelace is currently Offline!

user posted image

user posted image

It didn't take her long to get settled a few steps to the chair before settling her skirts properly and pulling out her embroidery from the basket she carried and she was as relaxed as if she was in her own home. Elizabeth had become a close friend and she felt like she could trust her. Looking up at her she smiled and waited to see what her friend had to say. "There is nothing to worry about. We all have times when we are busy. There is nothing to be worried about."

"There are benefits to reading the old works. It has moments of wisdom for all of the outdated information. Is there something wrong, Elizabeth? You seem uneasy. Has something happened?" Concern crossed her features as she regarded the other woman before her.

"Elizabeth whatever it is you have hidden is nothing you should be worried or ashamed for. Everyone has a past and I would be a poor person indeed if I judged them for it. Whatever it is that has you so distressed we can help you work through it." she assured her friend, looking at her with worried eyes as she watched her pace back and forth, "I am not such a fickle friend to abandon you in a time of need simply because you had secrets you felt you had to keep."

Listening to her tale Merry's face was concerned and she wanted to hug her to reassure her , "So your husband was abusive to you and you chose to hide your identity to avoid being found. There is no sin in that. Many beings here have fled a bad situation. You are not the first and should not be worried over such a thing. The Brigade will protect and help you. Simply tell us what you need and we shall do it." Was this what had the other woman so distraught for months? She could understand it but she wanted to reassure her friend that she was not alone.

Listening to the part of history she blinked, "I still see no reason to stop being your friend. What you have been through is no doubt traumatic but you are not responsible for the things that happened to Victor's family or what happened afterwards. He should have been honest with you and trusted you with the truth."

She wanted to rise and hug her friend but she knew there was more just waiting to come to the surface. It was best to let it come out so she could reassure her that all would be well. The sooner that Elizabeth unburdened herself the sooner she would start to heal. It was clear that she was still grieving the loss of her family and Victor even if Victor did not deserve her love. Merry wasn't a healer in the strictest sense but she could tell when a victim was suffering from trauma. The injury while confusing was not the worst thing she'd seen. It would raise some eyebrows to be sure but not in contempt or pity but respect that she had survived such a thing. "Elizabeth, come, sit down and drink some tea. It will help soothe you. Clearly whatever happened between you and Victor was extremely traumatic. What can I do to help you?"

user posted image
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Elizabeth Frankenstein
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 04:00 AM
N/A
N/A
4 Posts
16-August 16
Gifted

Had Elizabeth been able to cry, she would have wept. There was such caring and kindness in her dear friend’s voice that she slumped in relief. Of course Merry, dear Merry, would not abandon her in this world alone. The weight of her secrets had been pressing down on her shoulders and her weary, silent heart since she had opened her eyes in horror after Victor had wrenched her free of death’s embrace. She could still remember his face, manic with grief and hope and then with the joy of success.

She knelt by Merry’s feet, perched silently on the rug she had brushed diligently only hours before and she pressed her cool, pale forehead to the arm of the chair. She could feel the warmth of the fire from here, against the newly bare skin of her hands. She often sat right beside the fireplace, revelling in how the heat of the flames made her feel alive for just an instant. More often than not she had been forced to stifle the urge to plunge her hands into he flames. After all, how could a body that was dead heal from such an injury?

Victor would know, she thought somewhat bitterly. How many had there been before her? Before that thing? Or were they the first? His monstrous child and his murdered bride, what a family they made. Merry’s words made her pause, though she nodded and took her place in the seat opposite the young woman. Pouring herself a cup of tea, she spoke again.

“Victor…” She began, before pausing, “It was not my husband that hurt me, though I suppose it was he who left the most scars.” Her voice was dull and flat and she ran her fingers along the line on her wrist, still clasping the tea with her other hand. She cradled it in her palms, ignoring how it would have burned had she been normal. “I need…I must say this, I must finish it before I lose my nerve because otherwise I fear I will never tell anyone what happened. And I must, because the knowledge of it is destroying me.”

She sipped at her tea to fill the silence, and to fortify herself against what was to come. What would happen, she wondered, once Merry knew what a creature she had befriended? Would Elizabeth have to leave again? Wander alone like her beastly predecessor?

“He went away to school, and he wrote almost every day. He told me of his classes and his professors, and then the letters just – stopped. He was sick, you see, and stubborn as an ox. He always has been. I wrote to his friend Henry, tried to get him to come home…” Her voice cracked and she cleared her throat delicately. “But it was not Victor who came home, it was that thing…we found little William dead, strangled by the lake, they said it was Justine – my maid, and a good friend to me. She would never have hurt William and I told them so but they…she…” Elizabeth swallowed, “Victor returned home just in time to see her hanged. I was so happy to see him amongst all of those awful things that I didn’t see how his hands shook, how his eyes were restless. I see it now, in my memory, but not then.”

She took a sip from the cup in her hands, relishing the warmth blossoming in her chest and trying to calm her shaking hands. Settling further into the chair, Elizabeth swirled the teacups contents and watched the dancing remnants of tealeaves.

“He proposed, while he was home. He promised that he must go away again, but that when he came back there would be no more danger, and he would stay. He would be my husband and I – I was so happy, Merry. So many dreadful things had happened that I just grasped onto that one thread of hope like it would save me from drowning. So Victor went away, after we buried William. His father – he never recovered from losing his wife, and to see his son die so young…there was nothing any of us or all the doctors in Geneva could do. By the time Victor came back, we had buried him too.”

She drained the cup, pouring another and tapping her fingers anxiously on the pot. She had to be careful with porcelain, she was so much stronger than she had been and she had no desire to frighten her friend by crushing a teapot.

“They had tried to arrest Victor for murder, Henry was dead too, so many gone…it felt like it was just us in the world. He said we had to leave, that it wasn’t safe there any more, so we left. I should have asked him what was happening but I was so frightened, and so glad to see him safe, that I just went with him. We were married that night, and that’s when It came back. I was alone, in our room, when I saw what had taken our family away.”

Elizabeth stood, and began to pace in front of the fire. This was the crux of it after all, wasn’t it? The moment Merry would either help her, doubt her or run screaming from the room.

“You see my husband is a brilliant man, and after his mother’s death he wanted to become the best doctor the world had ever seen. But my husband had not been sick, all those months ago – no, he was repulsed, horrified by himself and by what he had done and perhaps this led to some form of sickness but the root cause of it was this: my husband did not simply cure a man.”

She stopped, facing her guest.

“He created one.”

She loosened the ties of her blouse around her throat, for the lace suddenly felt stifling to her. Her fingers twitched, spinning her wedding ring as she remembered the final moments of her old life.

“He stood behind me, in the hotel, and he told me that my creator had abandoned me, just as his had abandoned him. An eye for an eye…” She sucked in a deep breath, “a mate for a mate.”

Elizabeth was still, save for her eyes which held her friend’s gaze.

“That is when he killed me.”
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply

RPG-D